The following is a selection of technical fields in which I have translated numerous patents or their applications.
- ZTE Corporation (telecommunications equipment)
- Comcast Cable Communications (telecommunications equipment)
- SubCom LLC (telecommunications, optical fibre technlogy)
- STMicroelectronics S.r.l. (networks)
- i2 Technologies (media technology, networks)
- Two Way TV Ltd (interactive television)
- Yamaha Corporation (electronic musical instruments)
- MICRON TECHNOLOGY, INC. (microelectronics)
- TLV Co., Ltd. (electronics)
- Vestel Elektronik (electronics)
- Gennum Corporation (microelectronics)
- Infineon Technologies AG (smart cards)
Computer chip manufacture, plasma/vacuum technology
- Leica Microsystems Semiconductor GmbH (computer chip manufacture)
- Applied Materials (computer chip manufacture)
- Solaredge Technologies Ltd. (solar technology)
- Toyota Shatai K..K., Tamagawa High Tech Co., Ltd. (fuel cells)
- PM DM Villingen-Schwenningen (spindle motors for hard disk drives)
- Amiteq Co., Ltd. (sensors, resolvers)
- Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. (energy technology)
- Hosiden Corporation (connectors)
- MATTEL, INC. (technical toys)
- CEM Corporation (laboratory equipment)
- Sherwood Services AG (medical technology)
- MALLINCKRODT, INC. (medical technology)
- Tyco Healthcare Group LP (medical technology)
- Trex Medical Corporation (medical technology)
- Bard Peripheral Vascular Inc. (biopsy apparatus)
- Robert Bosch GmbH bzw. Rexroth Mecman GmbH (pneumatics, hydraulics)
- Parker-Hannifin Corporation (hydraulics)
- Neopost Limited (postage machines)
- Tokai Togyo Mishin Kabushiki Kaisha (embroidery sewing machines)
- Kubota Corporation (excavators, industrial vehicles)
- W.E.T. Automotive Systems Aktiengesellschaft (automotive seats, heating, air conditioning)
- Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd. (automotive manufacature)
- Unicharm Corporation (hygiene articles)
- Citizen Holdings Co., Ltd. (watches)
- NORITSU KOKI CO., LTD. (photographic printing machines)
- Vulcan Engineering Company, Inc. (metallurgy)
- EWALD DÖRKEN AG (building technology)
- Maruyasu Industries Co., Ltd. (materials)
- BIC Corporation (cigarette lighters)
Experience as a Tutor at College
Experience in training technical translators
Young people come to college to become professional technical translators themselves. It is particularly gratifying to be part of this training process. In this I have been involved since 2009.
Experience in teaching bilingual engineering
A central component in the training of technical translators is the engineering class. It gives students an opportunity to gather in-depth knowledge in a number technical fields. They thus aquire a professional basis on how to use bilingual terminology.
Extensive professional work experience in an IP law firm
Learning about the "nuts and bolts"
From 1994 to 2000, I worked for an IP law firm. During this time, I was trained as a patent translator. I had the great fortune to be continuously supervised in my translating efforts by doctor of physics.
Time limits and their monitoring is a central part in managing intellectual property. My experience as a team member in an IP law firm is immensely valuable when it comes to communicating with my clients.
Over the years, I have had a great deal of experience with proceedings before the German Patent and Trademark Office, the European Patent Office and the European Trade Mark Office.
Specifications of Goods/Services
I have experience in the translation of specifications of goods/services for trademark applications with particular regard to the Nice Classification.
as a freelance technical translator and interpreter
as a specialized patent translator
as a tutor in bilingual engineering
Stefan Haberl, M.A.
state certified translator and interpreter
technichal translations - patent translattions
Pössinger Str. 32e
D-86899 Landsberg am Lech
Tel.: +49-8191-94 44 41